All divers know that safety should be their top priority but how does one make sure that safety is like second nature? Taking the PADI Rescue Diver course will help you dive with confidence. This class is a priceless investment in your safety, as well as the safety of others, and Lahaina Divers is here to help you achieve success.
The course requires four classroom sessions and 5 open water sessions. Divers complete the class knowing they are better buddies and more aware as divers. Be a better buddy!!
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, become more confident in your skills as a diver, and finish knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. In this your instructor will prepare you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. After completing this course with Lahaina divers you will be able to self-rescue, recognize and manage stress in other divers, use emergency management equipment and rescue panicked divers.
PADI (Junior) Adventure Divers who are at least 12 years old and have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive may enroll in a Rescue Diver course. You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. You can complete this training during the Rescue Diver course. Your instructor may also offer the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider specialty diver course at the same time.
- $459 plus tax & fees (minimum 2 students)
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Minimum age 12 Y/O
- PADI EFR or First Aid / CPR from another organization (current within last 24 months)
- Student Provides: Rescue Diver Crew Pak (Or complete the academics online via PADI eLearning), Logbook, 2 passport size photos.
- Student Equipment: Standard Scuba and Snorkeling Gear.
- 15% off Student Gear purchase during and 14 days after the class
- $20 off on Boat Charters for training
- 10% off Life time Alumni discount on Boat Charters after the class
Terms and Conditions:
- Charters include: Use of tanks and weight belts. Rental wetsuits, BCs, a snorkel set and regulators available for $9.00 per item, per charter, unless otherwise specified. Dive computers are available for $15 per item, per charter.
- Advanced Diving Education and Specialty Course prices do not include the price of charters.
- Non-diving passengers and snorkelers may accompany certified divers for $79 on morning or afternoon charters. Children between 6 and 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Multi-dive discounts applied for reserving directly with Lahaina Divers and paying in advance.
- Cancellations within 48 hrs. of charter check-in time are non-refundable.
- Pricing does not include 10.166% Tax & Fees.
- Specialty classes require at least Open Water Certification to participate.
- Specialty pricing includes tanks, weights, instruction and certification card. Instructional materials and rental equipment, if required, are not included in the course cost.
- Lahaina Divers reserves the right to change prices and schedules without prior notification.
- Students need to stop by Lahaina Divers store prior to class start time to fill out student folders, medical forms (medical clearance by a physician may be necessary), and arrange for payment.