Sublime Vertical Dive
An advanced dive, the Molokini Backwall is a world class wall and drift dive for certified divers only. The Wall is approximately 300ft in depth, however, divers will level off at 80 ft or less. You may see white tip, black tip, and gray reef sharks, manta rays, dolphins and schooling fish. This is a very exciting dive because of the sheer, vertical wall and blue water. Plus, get a second drift dive in at the edge of the crater.
Multiple day discounts available
Backwall Molokini Crater charters include:
- Tanks and weights
- Guided dive tour
- Light breakfast (coffee, teas, hot chocolate and muffins)
- Deli lunch between dives (deli sandwiches, Maui potato chips, fruit plate and cold filtered water)
- Chocolate chip cookies on the ride back to Lahaina Harbor
- Gluten free and vegetarian options available with advance notice.
Not included in the charter fare:
- Scuba gear. (Available for rent) Aqualung Core regulator with Aqualung i300 dive computer @ $14. Aqualung Pro HD weight integrated BCD @ $9. 2 Piece wetsuit @ $9. Snorkel set @ $9.
- Taxes and fees of 10.1666%
- Safety sausages (SMB) on advanced drift dives (Available for purchase)
- Cancellations within 48 hours of departure are non-refundable
- Nitrox available @ $19.50 per bottle
- More About Rental Gear
More About Diving Off Molokini
Molokini is a partially sunken volcanic cone, with pristine conditions inside the crater, including visibility over 100 feet. However, our first dive takes us outside the crater, to the dramatic back wall. A towering 200 foot above-water cliff drops to over 300 feet below the surface, creating one of the top wall dives. Our dive hovers around 80 feet, with a view of the islet wall descending into the deep blue below.
Because the backwall is open to the deep ocean, a variety of pelagic marine life might swim by. In addition to schools of fish, it is not unusual to see dolphins, mantas, and sharks. November through April, there is a good chance to hear humpback whales underwater, and experience these gentle giants while going to and from the dive site.
The second drift dive takes you inside the crater itself. Molokini Crater has been a Marine Life Conservation District (MLCD) since the summer of 1977 and features the most pristine hard coral reefs in Hawaii. In addition to colorful reef fish- some found nowhere else in the world- you may see graceful rays. octopi, moray eels or white tip reef sharks.