We are happy to announce we will be resuming charters on August 5, 2020. Relaxed the passenger restriction from 10 including crew to half our boat’s capacity, so this will be a great time to dive with plenty of space to spread out. Please see our Charter Calendar under the Scuba Charters tab for available charters.
Hawaii’s Governor recently announced lifting the 14-day quarantine on August 1, 2020 for transpacific travelers that have a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of their flight. Many island businesses have reopened on Maui, or plan to in August. While the regulations allowing commercial recreational boating is still lagging behind, Lahaina Divers plans on offering our most popular charters in August, then continuing to add to our schedule based on demand. If you are traveling to book during the December holiday season (Dec 15 -Jan 15), we advise you to book your dives well in advance.
- Read the DNLR press release regarding relaxing rules for commercial and recreational boats.
- Read the Governor’s press release HERE on relaxing the 14-day quarantine for those arriving from the mainland U.S. and international flights August 1, 2020.
- The Governor of Hawaii extended the mandatory 14-day quarantine for those arriving from the mainland U.S. and international flights through July 31, 2020.
- Interisland travel quarantine ended June 16, meaning anyone within the state that is not subject to the 14-day quarantine can fly interisland and participate in activities that are open, including scuba diving.
- Charter boats are still limited to 10 passengers including crew, making it difficult for vessels of our size to operate. We do hope that will change soon so we could put a sensible schedule in place.
- We are open to “whole boat” private charters. Please email email@example.com if you have an interest. We can exceed the passenger count if people are from the same household.
To enhance your health and safety, we have been doing extensive cleaning and maintenance projects.
- We completely stripped the retail, check in and shop area, removing all material to storage.
- All areas were deeply cleaned, including the bathrooms and light fixtures.
- We painted the walls and recoated the floors.
- Some display cases and benches were removed to make social distancing easier.
- Both boats were thoroughly maintained and cleaned as was all dive gear and life jackets.
- Materials were disinfected before being brought back into the store and boat.
The Department of Land and Natural Resources released strict operational mandates that apply to our operation. We will be posting our COVID-19 Prevention Policy soon, and look forward to diving with you!
- Read Governor Ige’s 9th Supplementary Proclamation Related to the COVID-19 Emergency, dated June 10, 2020, states that persons traveling to the State are subject to strictly enforced, mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- Read Mayor Victorino’s Public Health Emergency Rules amended June 8, 2020 regarding operation of essential business.
- View the State’s plan to reopen the economy, Beyond Recovery: Reopening Hawaii
- State: Quarantine lifted for interisland travel as of June 16.
If you would like to help those in need, the Maui Food Bank could use your support. You can donate online here: https://mauifoodbank.org/
Because of partnerships the Maui Food Bank has in place, their buying power to purchase food and other essentials is greater than we could do ourselves.
Mahalo for your continued support.
The Lahaina Divers team