Hawaii’s Governor recently announced the state will not be lifting 14-day quarantine on September 1, 2020 for transpacific travelers, based on problematic COVID-19 numbers on the mainland, and increasing numbers in Hawaii. The quarantine is currently in effect until at least October 1, 2020.
In addition, rising COVID-19 cases on Oahu has prompted a partial shut down of inter-island travel.
The mandatory 14-day inter-island self-quarantine was reinstated, in part, on Tuesday, August 11. This applies to any person arriving to Kauai, Hawaii Island or Maui County (Maui, Molokai, Lanai), and traveling between these islands. It does not include inter-island travelers arriving on Oahu. The period of self-quarantine will begin immediately upon arrival, and last 14 days or the duration of the person’s stay on the island, whichever is shorter.
All islands, except Oahu have maintained low numbers of Covid-19. However, since the 4th of July holiday, COVID-19 cases have spiked on Oahu.
Lahaina Divers re-opening date has been pushed back because of this. We feel our amazing December holiday season (and later) are great times to considering coming to Maui and diving with us. For earlier dates, please check back here. Also, our charter calendar will be updated regularly showing which dates are available to book.
If you are traveling to book during the December holiday season (Dec 15 -Jan 15), we advise you to book your dives well in advance.
One bright spot is that limits on our passenger count has been raised to half the number we are certified to carry. This makes it feasible for us to conduct a charter, while there is plenty of room to spread out and practice social distancing.
- View information from the Governor’s office delaying lifting the 14-day quarantine for transpacific travelers until at least October 1, 2020.
- Read Governor Ige’s 11th Supplementary Proclamation Related to COVID-19 Partially reinstating Interisland Travel Quarantine
- Read the DNLR press release regarding relaxing rules for commercial and recreational boats.
- We are open to “whole boat” private charters. Please email email@example.com if you have an interest. We can exceed the passenger count if people are from the same household.
To enhance your health and safety, we have been doing extensive cleaning and maintenance projects.
- We completely stripped the retail, check in and shop area, removing all material to storage.
- All areas were deeply cleaned, including the bathrooms and light fixtures.
- We painted the walls and recoated the floors.
- Some display cases and benches were removed to make social distancing easier.
- Both boats were thoroughly maintained and cleaned as was all dive gear and life jackets.
- Materials were disinfected before being brought back into the store and boat.
The Department of Land and Natural Resources released strict operational mandates that apply to our operation. We will be posting our COVID-19 Prevention Policy soon, and look forward to diving with you!
- Read Governor Ige’s 9th Supplementary Proclamation Related to the COVID-19 Emergency, dated June 10, 2020, states that persons traveling to the State are subject to strictly enforced, mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- Read Mayor Victorino’s Public Health Emergency Rules amended June 8, 2020 regarding operation of essential business.
- View the State’s plan to reopen the economy, Beyond Recovery: Reopening Hawaii
If you would like to help those in need, the Maui Food Bank could use your support. You can donate online here: https://mauifoodbank.org/
Because of partnerships the Maui Food Bank has in place, their buying power to purchase food and other essentials is greater than we could do ourselves.
Mahalo for your continued support.
The Lahaina Divers team