PADI Wreck Diver Specialty
There is nothing like the thrill of wreck diving for the first time. Descending downward you try to catch a glimpse.
At first there's just blue water; then a dark shadow, a hazy outline begins to appear as the wreck materializes into view. You have arrived on a piece of history, a disaster from the past, or a new condo for the inhabitants of the the ocean. Diving wrecks is an adventure in exploring humanity's loss and nature's gain.
This specialty provides a basic overview of wreck diving and will develop your knowledge, skills and techniques that you need to safely to explore wrecks. The class includes 'how to research & locate wrecks'.
- $319 plus tax
- Private available for additional fee
- Additional charges: The price of boat charters
- Adventure Diver
- Minimum age 15 Y/O
STUDENTS TO PROVIDE:
- Student Materials: PADI Wreck Diving Pak (Wreck Diving Manual & Video), Logbook, 2 passport size photos.
- Student Equipment: BCD, Regulator with computer, Wetsuit, Gloves, Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Timing Device, Compass, Knife, Light, Wreck Reel, Slate with pencil, Dive Lights (primary & back up), Surface signaling devices (audible and visual).
- 15% off Student Gear purchase during and 14 days after the class
- $20 off on Boat Charters for training
- 10% off Life time Alumni discount on Boat Charters after the class
- Complete PADI Student Record Folder, Medical Statement & Questionnaire ("YES" on your medical form will require you to get a signed medical release from a physician prior to class), Statement of Understanding, and Liability Release.
Read BEFORE Class:
- Read entire Wreck Divermanual and view video.
- Complete all Knowledge Reviews for review with Instructor.
The Wreck Diver Specialty requires 4 DIVES with an instructor.
- Discuss Knowledge Reviews with Instructor.
- Dives 1 & 2 with Instructor.
- Debrief & log dives.
- Dives 3 & 4 with Instructor.
- Debrief & log dives, complete paperwork.
Terms and Conditions:
- Charters include: Use of tanks and weight belts. Rental wetsuits, BCs, a snorkel set and regulators available for $9.00 per item, per charter, unless otherwise specified. Dive computers are available for $15 per item, per charter.
- Advanced Diving Education and Specialty Course prices do not include the price of charters.
- Non-diving passengers and snorkelers may accompany certified divers for $79 on morning or afternoon charters. Children between 6 and 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Multi-dive discounts applied for reserving directly with Lahaina Divers and paying in advance.
- Cancellations within 48 hrs. of charter check-in time are non-refundable.
- Pricing does not include 10.166% Tax & Fees.
- Specialty classes require at least Open Water Certification to participate.
- Specialty pricing includes tanks, weights, instruction and certification card. Instructional materials and rental equipment, if required, are not included in the course cost.
- Lahaina Divers reserves the right to change prices and schedules without prior notification.
- Students need to stop by Lahaina Divers store prior to class start time to fill out student folders, medical forms (medical clearance by a physician may be necessary), and arrange for payment.