Padi Underwater Navigator
Be the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course. When everyone's buzzing about a reef or checking out a wreck, they're having a great time - until it's time to go. Then they turn to you, because as a PADI Underwater Navigator, you know the way back to the boat.
Master the challenge. Learn how to use the tools of the trade; how to navigate by natural clues, by compass, and with a Nav- Finder. You'll estimate distance underwater, follow navigation patterns and know where you are while following an arbitrary, irregular course just as you would when exploring a reef.
You will know where you are, where you need to go and how to get there. You will be confident in your ability to return to the boat or entry point from anywhere your dive adventure may take you.
- $349 plus tax
- Private available for additional fee
- Additional charges: The price of boat charters
- Open Water/ Jr. Open Water Diver
- Minimum age 10 Y/O
STUDENTS TO PROVIDE:
- Student Materials: Navigation Crew Pak (Manual, Nav-Finder, Video), Logbook, 2 passport size photos
- Student Equipment: BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Timing Device, Compass, Slate with pencil, & Knife
- 15% off Student Gear purchase during and 14 days after the class
- $20 off on Boat Charters for training
- 10% off Life time Alumni discount on Boat Charters after the class
Complete Tan Student Record Folder, Medical Statement & Questionnaire ("YES" on your medical form will require you to get a signed medical release from a physician prior to class), Statement of Understanding, and Liability Release.
Read BEFORE Class:
- Complete Scuba Quick Review ( pg xiii-xiv ).
- Read Navigation Manual and view Video. Complete all Knowledge Reviews for review with Instructor.
- U/W Navigator Specialty requires 3 DIVES with an Instructor.
- Discuss Knowledge Reviews with Instructor
- Land practice with compass & Nav-Finder
- Do Dives 1 & 2 with Instructor
- Do remaining Navigation Dive(s) with Instructor
- Debrief, log dives, and complete paperwork
Terms and Conditions:
- Charters include: Use of tanks and weight belts. Rental wetsuits, BCs, a snorkel set and regulators available for $9.00 per item, per charter, unless otherwise specified. Dive computers are available for $15 per item, per charter.
- Advanced Diving Education and Specialty Course prices do not include the price of charters.
- Non-diving passengers and snorkelers may accompany certified divers for $79 on morning or afternoon charters. Children between 6 and 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Multi-dive discounts applied for reserving directly with Lahaina Divers and paying in advance.
- Cancellations within 48 hrs. of charter check-in time are non-refundable.
- Pricing does not include 10.166% Tax & Fees.
- Specialty classes require at least Open Water Certification to participate.
- Specialty pricing includes tanks, weights, instruction and certification card. Instructional materials and rental equipment, if required, are not included in the course cost.
- Lahaina Divers reserves the right to change prices and schedules without prior notification.
- Students need to stop by Lahaina Divers store prior to class start time to fill out student folders, medical forms (medical clearance by a physician may be necessary), and arrange for payment.