PADI Underwater Naturalist
Are you fascinated with aquatic life? Always wondering what that fish is and why it always dances under a coral head whenever you get close? If you're engrossed with life under the surface, the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course is especially for you.
In your journey to underwater naturalist, you will learn about the different major aquatic life groupings and how they interact, so that you better understand what you observe in the underwater environment. With the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course under your belt, you see the aquatic world differently.
- $179 plus tax
- Private available for additional fee
- Additional charges: The price of boat charters
- Open Water/ Jr. Open Water Diver
- Minimum age 10 Y/O
STUDENTS TO PROVIDE:
- Student Materials: Adventures in Diving Manual, Logbook, 2 passport size photos.
- Student Equipment: BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Timing Device, Compass, Knife, Slate with pencil.
- 15% off Student Gear purchase during and 14 days after the class
- $20 off on Boat Charters for training
- 10% off Life time Alumni discount on Boat Charters after the class
- Complete Tan Student Record Folder, Medical Statement & Questionnaire ("YES" on your medical form will require you to get a signed medical release from a physician prior to class), Statement of Understanding, and Liability Release.
Read BEFORE Class:
- Read U/ W Naturalist Module
- Complete Knowledge Review for review with Instructor
- Discuss Knowledge Reviews with Instructor
- Do dives 1& 2 with Instructor
- Debrief, log dives, complete paperwork
Terms and Conditions:
- Charters include: Use of tanks and weight belts. Rental wetsuits, BCs, a snorkel set and regulators available for $9.00 per item, per charter, unless otherwise specified. Dive computers are available for $15 per item, per charter.
- Advanced Diving Education and Specialty Course prices do not include the price of charters.
- Non-diving passengers and snorkelers may accompany certified divers for $79 on morning or afternoon charters. Children between 6 and 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Multi-dive discounts applied for reserving directly with Lahaina Divers and paying in advance.
- Cancellations within 48 hrs. of charter check-in time are non-refundable.
- Pricing does not include 10.166% Tax & Fees.
- Specialty classes require at least Open Water Certification to participate.
- Specialty pricing includes tanks, weights, instruction and certification card. Instructional materials and rental equipment, if required, are not included in the course cost.
- Lahaina Divers reserves the right to change prices and schedules without prior notification.
- Students need to stop by Lahaina Divers store prior to class start time to fill out student folders, medical forms (medical clearance by a physician may be necessary), and arrange for payment.