|Digital has taken the underwater photography world by storm. Get in on the action with the Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course. You can quickly and easily capture the underwater world with your camera and on your computer.
During the Digital Underwater Photographer course, you learn to use the PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine and Adjust) method, which takes full advantage of digital technology. The result is good underwater photos faster than you may imagine. You not only learn how to take good photos, but how to share them with your friends via email or printing, optimizing your work with your computer, storage and more. Take only pictures, leave only bubbles... One of the most popular specialties available, photography can provide you with memorable snapshots and stunning photos to impress your friends. Either way, this course will introduce you to one of the most interesting ways to expand your diving. If you've already started taking pictures underwater, this Specialty can help you get better pictures than ever!
STUDENTS TO PROVIDE:
PADI Digital U/W Photography Manual, Digital U/W Photography White Balance Slate Log book, Camera, 2 passport size photos.
Digital camera with housing support hardware ( batteries, memory cards, O-ring lubricant, etc.),BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Timing Device, Compass, & Knife
1 Day - 2 Dives
Complete PADI Student Record Folder, Medical Statement & Questionnaire ("YES" on your medical form will require you to get a signed medical release from a physician prior to class), Statement of Understanding, and Liability Release.
Read BEFORE Class
- Digital Underwater Photography Manual.
- Complete all Knowledge Reviews for review with Instructor.
- Discuss Knowledge Reviews with Instructor
- Set up camera system
- Take at least 36 photos during 2 dives
- Debrief, log dives
- Evaluate images
Review photos with Instructor, Digital Photography Workflow Workshop, Debrief, complete paperwork.
Terms and Conditions:
- Charters include: Use of tanks and weight belts. Rental wetsuits, BCs, a snorkel set and regulators available for $9.00 per item, per charter, unless otherwise specified. Dive computers are available for $15 per item, per charter.
- Advanced Diving Education and Specialty Course prices do not include the price of charters.
- Non-diving passengers and snorkelers may accompany certified divers for $79 on morning or afternoon charters. Children between 6 and 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Multi-dive discounts applied for reserving directly with Lahaina Divers and paying in advance.
- Cancellations within 48 hrs. of charter check-in time are non-refundable.
- Pricing does not include 10.166% Tax & Fees.
- Specialty classes require at least Open Water Certification to participate.
- Specialty pricing includes tanks, weights, instruction and certification card. Instructional materials and rental equipment, if required, are not included in the course cost.
- Lahaina Divers reserves the right to change prices and schedules without prior notification.
- Students need to stop by Lahaina Divers store prior to class start time to fill out student folders, medical forms (medical clearance by a physician may be necessary), and arrange for payment.