PADI Dive Master
Go Pro ….Live the Dream!!
The PADI Divemaster Course will transform you from a recreational diver into a professional underwater adventure guide. Are you thinking of starting a new career diving in the far corners of the world? Perhaps you want the challenge, satisfaction, and achievement of being a sought after PADI professional; maybe your aim is being an Instructor and sharing your love of diving with others. Whatever your goal, the PADI Divemaster Course will give you the tools to get there.
Full Spectrum Training
Located on the Island of Maui Hawaii in a tropical environment, Lahaina Divers is a PADI Five Star Resort Instructor Development Center with two new 46 ft Newton Dive boats; a world class retail store, and 2 technologically advanced dedicated classrooms.
Our facilities give you the opportunity to experience all aspects of the dive industry such as helping new divers in entry level classes, assisting experienced Instructors in conducting Advanced, Rescue, and Specialty programs, filling cylinders, and even working with and learning from our highly skilled boat crews, working on our dive charters guiding divers at world famous sites like Molokini Crater, and Lanai’s Cathedrals. You'll experience it all, and graduate with a well rounded entry level professional skill set; ready for the challenges of Open Water Scuba Instructor training, if that is your goal.
Learn from Master Trainers
Although the PADI Divemaster course can be taught by any PADI Open Water Instructor, our courses are taught by highly experienced PADI Course Directors, Master Instructors, IDC Staff Instructors,, and Master Scuba Diver Trainers. Additionally, 100% of Lahaina Divers Captains and crew members are PADI Open Water Instructors or higher. These seasoned instructors are able to give you the best program available by sharing their experience and techniques that go far beyond those outlined in any standard Divemaster course. During internship, you will also be learning skills from our diverse staff of Instructor/Dive guides, Repair Technicians, Boat Captains, and Retail Associates.
- $1099 plus tax (credits available for eLearning, Deep and/or Search & Recovery Specialties, see class schedule below)
- Private available by request
- Advanced Open Water
- Rescue Diver
- 18 Y/O
- First Aid / CPR certification within 24 months
- 40 logged dives
- PADI EFR or First Aid / CPR from another organization (current within last 24 months)
- PADI Medical Statement signed by a Doctor (within 12 months)
STUDENTS TO PROVIDE:
- Student Materials: PADI Divemaster Manual, PADI Instructor manualEncyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Diving Knowledge Workbook, PADI RDPs: Tableand eRDPml (with Instruction Books ) and Divemaster Slates. Recommended PADI Manuals: Open Water, Adventures In Diving, Rescue Diver.
- Student Equipment: BCD, Regulator, Computer and Timing Device, Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Knife, Compass, Whistle, Wetsuit, Light ,Slate & pencil, Surface Signaling Device, Audible U/W signaling device. Homework Assignments: Complete all Knowledge reviews and written assignments prior to class. Schedules and homework assignments will be explained by your Instructor. PADI eLearning available for the Divemaster Academics and Divemaster Dive Theory
- Varies with size of class & student needs (14-28 days)
- 2 weeks minimum recommended.
- 15% off Student Gear purchase during and 14 days after the class
- $20 off on Boat Charters for training
- 10% off Life time Alumni discount on Boat Charters after the class
- Includes 9 Knowledge Reviews over 2 days or the student can register and complete the eLearning online for the Dive Theory Academics and reduce the time required by 1 day and the tuition by -$100.
- 5 Practical Application skill sessions including Dive Set up and Management, Mapping Project, Dive Briefing, Search & Recovery Scenario, and Deep Dive Scenario(Search & Recovery and Deep dive scenarios can be waived if the student has certified in those specialties. Reduce time required by 1/2 day for each specialty and -$50 off tuition for each specialty)
- 5 Divemaster-Conducted Programs Workshops including Scuba Review in Confined Water, Skin Diver Course and Snorkeling Supervision, DSD Program in Confined Water, DSD Program - Additional Open Water Dive and Discover Local Diving in Open Water.
- 4 Practical Assessments including Open Water Students in Confined Water, Open Water Students in Open Water, Continuing Education Students in Open Water and Certified Divers in Open Water.
- 5 Exercises in Waterskills including 400 yard swim, 15 minute float/tread, 800 yard snorkel swim, 100yard diver tow and equipment exchange.
Terms and Conditions:
- Charters include: Use of tanks and weight belts. Rental wetsuits, BCs, a snorkel set, dive computers and regulators available for $9.00 per item, per charter, unless otherwise specified.
- Advanced Diving Education and Specialty Course prices do not include the price of charters, however a student discount will be applied.
- Non-diving passengers and snorkelers may accompany certified divers for $79 on morning or afternoon charters. Children between 6 and 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Multi-dive discounts applied for reserving directly with Lahaina Divers and paying in advance.
- Cancellations within 24 hrs. of charter check-in time are non-refundable.
- Pricing does not include 10.166% Tax & Fees.
- Specialty classes require at least Open Water Certification to participate.
- Specialty pricing includes tanks, weights, instruction and certification card. Instructional materials and rental equipment, if required, are not included in the course cost.
- Lahaina Divers reserves the right to change prices and schedules without prior notification.
- Students need to stop by Lahaina Divers store prior to class start time to fill out student folders, medical forms (medical clearance by a physician may be necessary), and arrange for payment.