Are you up for the challenge, discipline, and respect the PADI Deep Diver Specialty represents?
There is something attractive, exciting, and mysterious about "going deep". Even if you have only made a few dives, you may be curious about deeper dives. Based on No Decompression Limits; the course will expand your knowledge, skills and techniques to safely participate in deep diving activities. You will learn gas management techniques, recognition of signs & symptoms of Nitrogen Narcosis, and proper ascent and safety stop procedures. This specialty is perfect to pair with the PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) program and earn two specialties at once.
STUDENTS TO PROVIDE:
- Complete PADI Student Record Folder, Medical Statement & Questionnaire (YES" answers on your Medical form will require you to get a medical release from your doctor before starting class), Statement of Understanding, and Liability Release.
Read BEFORE Class
- Complete Scuba Quick Review (pg. xiii-xiv).
- Read all 4 Modules of the Deep Diver Manual.
- Answer Knowledge Reviews for all 4 Modules.
- Discuss Knowledge Review 1 & 2 with Instructor.
- Do 1 & 2 dives with Instructor.
- Debrief, log dives.
- Discuss Knowledge Review 3 & 4 with Instructor.
- Do Dives 3 & 4 with Instructor.
- Debrief, log dives, complete paperwork.
Terms and Conditions:
- Charters include: Use of tanks and weight belts. Rental wetsuits, BCs, a snorkel set and regulators available for $9.00 per item, per charter, unless otherwise specified. Dive computers are available for $15 per item, per charter.
- Advanced Diving Education and Specialty Course prices do not include the price of charters.
- Non-diving passengers and snorkelers may accompany certified divers for $79 on morning or afternoon charters. Children between 6 and 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Multi-dive discounts applied for reserving directly with Lahaina Divers and paying in advance.
- Cancellations within 48 hrs. of charter check-in time are non-refundable.
- Pricing does not include 10.166% Tax & Fees.
- Specialty classes require at least Open Water Certification to participate.
- Specialty pricing includes tanks, weights, instruction and certification card. Instructional materials and rental equipment, if required, are not included in the course cost.
- Lahaina Divers reserves the right to change prices and schedules without prior notification.
- Students need to stop by Lahaina Divers store prior to class start time to fill out student folders, medical forms (medical clearance by a physician may be necessary), and arrange for payment.